Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11.19.2013

Ahh Tuesday morning cappuccino from the fabulous Pips Original on Fremont here in Portland, a luxury I can't really afford but I pretend that I can because it's the little things right?

Last night I put down my pirate bunnies for a few minutes to do a little needle felting in preparation for another wine and crafting night Dec. 6 at Spark Arts Center. It's a very low key fun sort of crafting night, please join us! We'll be making these tiny mushrooms, well maybe not this tiny but small enough to hang on a tree or wherever you like to hang little felted mushrooms in your home.
Currently, the rest of my days kind of look like this.

My small batch doll making machine is crackling along as I get ready for Crafty Wonderland Dec. 14-15. I'm excited to be getting out of my cozy little studio to share everything that I've been working on for the last few months. It's my first really big holiday show. I feel like I've put so much of myself in each and every one of these creations. Sometimes I'm really surprised at how sweet and happy and cute they all turn out. Spoiler, I don't always feel so sweet and happy and I never really look that cute, but oh how I try. 

On occasion, I think about making dolls that aren't as sweet and cute and happy looking and then I think, nah there are people who are way better at that than I am and even when I try to be edgy it comes across as cute. It's just not what Kleja dolls are all about so I'll leave edgy to those who are great at it and stick to what I do best. 

You can see more of what I'm making over here and come see me at Crafty!

xo
Klay

2 comments:

Mary Anne E said...

I love the triplets and the kitties. I look forward to seeing you again at Crafty Wonderland. I love all your creations, they make me smile :) Also the Dia de Muertos is fab as well.

Klay said...

Thanks Mary Anne!