Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4.16.13

I've been watching my calendar very closely these days. Making to do lists, getting up early to work before everyone is awake and basically trying to wring out every free minute of the day getting ready for Crafty Wonderland on May 11.

A few people have asked me about what I make and I have to admit that I've been having trouble explaining it. Sometimes I say I'm a doll maker, but that doesn't seem to really encompass what I do. I've kind of defaulted to textile artist, but that to me has a much more serious tone, like something I strive to be not what I am. Anyway, I usually get around to saying that I make owls and bunnies. I need more practice talking about what I do, then maybe I too will understand it.

Most of what I've made for the sale is sitting unstuffed but I was able to take some pictures today of the few things that I've finished and my workspace, which I was inspired to do from this is cool post.

A large and growing pile of owls wait for stuffing. 


When things are in full swing there are many, many piles.

I like to see a lot of things when I'm making stuff.
I never know which combinations I'm going to like, I change my mind a lot.

Love making these simple little creatures.
I think they have so much personality and they love to huddle together.



Having a great time making various zipper pouches.
They're all made or reclaimed materials and the machine drawing is my favorite thing to do these day.


7 comments:

Marieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieke said...

I LOVE it!! Can I have first dibs on the house pouch?

Marieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.